OFFICIAL RULES OF THE WAV ARTISTS FOR #NOCTURNAL2019 CONTEST
WAV and Insomniac want to unearth the next rising DJ and are inviting aspiring DJs to participate in the WAV Artists for #nocturnal2019 Contest by submitting an original DJ Mix for consideration (the “Submission(s)”) pursuant to the Official Rules set out below.
THIS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY WAV MEDIA, INC. (“WAV”) AND INSOMNIAC HOLDINGS, LLC (“INSOMNIAC”, AND TOGETHER WITH WAV THE “SPONSORS”), AND IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE ANY ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Only U.S. residents over eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (each an “Entrant”) are eligible to enter the Contest.
- Employees of WAV and Insomniac (and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates), as well as members of such employees’ immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or those living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to be fully bound by these Official Rules of the Contest.
- Any Entrant who attempts to submit more than one submission, by using multiple identities or other means, shall be disqualified.
- Any attempt to manipulate or influence the Contest judges will result in disqualification.
- Submissions must conform to the Submission Requirements set out below, those that fail to do so will be rejected.
- Sponsors are under no obligation to broadcast, display, publish or otherwise transmit, disseminate, promote or use a Submission for any purpose.
- Sponsors make no claim that any Submission is appropriate for any audience or purpose.
- Sponsors are not responsible for lost, misdirected, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or late Submissions. Sponsors are also not responsible for technical, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind or for any other errors, mishaps, or problems, regardless of the cause in the entry process.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Entrant’s Submission will be immediately available for consumption by the public as authorized by the Sponsors and/or their designees in any form that the Sponsors deem appropriate.
Entry Period: The Contest starts at 11:00AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 5, 2019 and ends at 11:59PM PT on August 19, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
How to Enter:
- To participate in the Contest, Entrants must have access to the WAV mobile application (the “WAV App”) which may be downloaded and installed using a valid email address.
- To enter, each Entrant may upload only one (1) Submission via the WAV App. using hashtag #nocturnal2019.
- The Submission must be uploaded during the Entry Period to be eligible for judging. Only eligible entries submitted during the Entry Period will be considered.
- By entering, Entrant agrees that the Submission conforms to the Submission Requirements set out below.
- Receipt of the Submission will not be acknowledged.
How to Win:
- A panel of qualified judges selected by the Sponsors, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, will review all Submissions and select the Contest winner(s) from among all eligible Submissions.
- Chances of winning will depend on the content and quality of each Submission compared to the content and quality of all of the eligible Submissions and the assessment of all Submissions in relation to the Contest judging criteria.
- The judges will utilize the following judging criteria in selecting Winner(s): Each Submission will be judged and scored on the following basis: music selection, stylization, technicality, quality of audio.
- In the event that the judges determine, in their sole reasonable discretion, that there are no Submissions from which to choose winner(s) with the requisite level of DJ skills worthy of the Prize, there will be no winner selected.
- All decisions of the judges are final and binding with respect to all matters of evaluation the Submissions and selecting the Winner(s).
- Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that they believe violates or potentially violates any of the Submission Requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decision of the Sponsors on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.
- Format: Each Submission will satisfy the following technical requirements:
- One (1) thirty (30) minute to sixty (60) minute mix produced by the Entrant posted to the contestant’s WAV channel with proper hashtaging.
- The submission type can be a visualizer, video or a livestream of the thirty (30) minute to sixty (60) minute mix produced by the Entrant.
Prize Description and Winner Notification:
- The Contest winner(s) (“Winner”) will be selected on or before September 13, 2019 (PT).
- The Winner will be notified via email sent to the email address associated with the Submission uploaded through the WAV app used by the Entrant.
- The Winner will receive the following Prizes:
- The opportunity to perform a live DJ Set at Nocturnal Wonderland 2019 on either or both September 14, 2019 or/and September 15, 2019. If the Winner is unavailable or otherwise unable to perform the live DJ Set as scheduled by Sponsors, the Winner will forfeit that Prize, will not be eligible to receive a replacement or substitute Prize; and an alternate Winner will be selected by the judges and/or the Sponsors;
- Travel stipend for use on ground or air travel (as appropriate) from the Winner’s primary residence to and from Los Angeles;
- Hotel accommodations in Los Angeles for three (3) to four (4) nights.
- All Prizes are non-transferable.
- The Winner shall not be entitled to, nor will the Winner receive, any other compensation with respect to the winning Submission, even if such Submission is reproduced, transmitted, distributed, and/or otherwise used by the Sponsors.
- Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute prizes or cash of comparable value.
- Insomniac and WAV will announce the name of the Winner via social media channels and other mass communications.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- By entering the Contest, all Entrants agree that the Sponsors may post or otherwise publish, reproduce, transmit and/or distribute the Submissions for viewing and listening by the general public and each Entrant’s name, and the name and likeness of the Winner, may be used for advertising and marketing purposes relating to the Contest and the Sponsors.
- Entrants irrevocably assign and grant the Sponsors a limited, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to use each Submission (even if such submission is not finally selected as the winning Submission) for [one] year from the notification date of the Winner for the Sponsors’ worldwide use in WAV platform, social media channels and other mass communications.
- The Sponsors shall have the right to alter, adapt, modify, or revise each Submission as the Sponsors deem necessary for purposes of timing and for purposes of compliance with these Official Rules and/or applicable laws and regulations.
- The Sponsors’ right to use each Submission as contemplated by or as set forth in these Official Rules shall be without limitation and shall not require the consent or permission of any party including, without limitation, any Entrant.
- Prior to awarding any Prize, the Sponsors in their sole discretion may require the Winner to sign (a) an affidavit of eligibility, (b) a liability release (where lawful) agreeing to hold the Sponsors and any other related parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest, including without limitation the awarding of any Prize, and/or (c) a name & likeness/publicity release.
- Sponsors reserve the right to require the Winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Sponsors into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- By taking part in the Contest, each Entrant accepts that unforeseen technical problems linked to the use of computer networks may arise, including problems when connecting to the Internet. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer wi-fi systems, servers, or providers, platforms and/or platform operators, computer equipment, software failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant's or any other person's computer or other mobile device related to or resulting from participation, downloading the WAV App, and/or uploading the Submissions.
- The Sponsors make and give no warranty or guarantee in relation to any Prize and they accept no responsibility or liability for elements of any Prize.
- The Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the state of California and any legal action concerning the Contest shall be brought only in a state or federal court located in Los Angeles County. In all circumstances, a legal action must be brought individually, NOT as a part of a class action and the participant will only be able to recover his/her actual out of pocket costs (if any) in conjunction with participation in the Contest and he/she expressly waives any right to all other damages (including, but not limited to compensatory, incidental, consequential or punitive damages).
- The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term or condition of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision.
- Sponsors reserve the right to amend these Official Rules and/or change the prizes at any time with or without prior notice. Any changes to the Official Rules will be posted on the Official Rules page.
- All Entrants, by participating in the Contest, agree to release the Sponsors and their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and all employees, officers and directors of each, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with (i) participating in the Contest, (ii) receipt or use of any prize, (iii) traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in the Contest and/or any prize-related activity, and/or (iv) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or in the announcement or offering of any prize. Any portion of a prize not accepted by an eligible winner shall be forfeited. The Winner shall bear all risk of prize loss or theft after the prize has been delivered, if applicable.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for any personal injury to any Entrant or for property damage or losses of any kind, which may be sustained resulting from participation in the Contest. The Sponsors are not responsible for any attempt by an Entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to, any fraudulent assertions, statements or claims, which may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such entrant or individual, fully permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Entrant agrees to sign a separate release regarding the above at any time upon the Sponsors’ request, but absent such separate release, the release set forth herein shall be binding upon each Entrant.
- If for any reason, any aspect of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures or disruption, ‘Acts of God’, or terrorist attacks, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or for any reason the Sponsors deem it necessary, the Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or modify the Contest and reserve the right in their sole discretion to determine the Winner from all Submissions received up to the time of such cancellation. In the event that the Contest is cancelled for any reason, a notice of cancellation will be posted at the Official Rules page. The Sponsors further reserve the right to terminate the Contest at any time if, in the judges’ sole good faith judgment, the judges determine that not enough suitable entries have been submitted.